Friday, January 3, 2014

Dota 2 Axe Weapon

After creating the previous weapon I wanted to make another weapon of the Dota 2 Axe character. This time with the intentions of posting it on the steam workshop. I tried to stick closely to the original weapon with my own twist on it. I had a ruff idea on the design of the weapon and modeled it in Maya. I then took some screen captures of it and played with different styling in photoshop. Once I had come up with the design I liked I took it into Zbrush to do the high resolution detail and the final maps were rendered in 3dsmax. Below are some images of the finished model rendered in Marmoset
Below is the texture maps that were created and some test renders done in Keyshot 4.
Below are the Photoshop images I created when trying to figure out the final design.

No comments:

Post a Comment