Sunday, October 20, 2013

Zbrush Scifi GLM asset - Media Design School

For this project I was required to create a Scifi asset that could be used in a game level. I was required to create it in Zbrush first then create the retopology, uv maps and texture. Below is the finished zbrush tool.
I wanted to create a Borderlands 2 inspired texture for this model because I like the artstyle and it's a game I have been playing a lot of recently. I took some screen captures from the game so I could reference them and colour sample the palette. These renders are taken from Marmoset realtime rendering engine. I painted in the outlines but in some areas such as the vault door handle I could not paint so I enabled the outlines render option to support my textures to get the desired look.
For this model I was required to create three LODs, LOD_0 was to be 2500 tris, LOD_1 was to be 1000 tris and LOD_2 was to be 500 tris. Unfortunately the best I could get to was just over 600 tris. This was my first attempt at creating LODs to specified poly budgets.

No comments:

Post a Comment